Choosing a college major can be a very difficult task, especially if you are torn between competing degree options. In order to select the major that is right for you, it is important to start by assessing your interests and goals. Psychology is one of the most popular degrees at colleges and universities throughout the world, but is it the right choice for you?
Before you decide:
- Assess your interests. Psychology might be a good choice if you enjoy learning about the human mind and behavior, have an interest in psychology research or love working with people.
- Explore different options. Be sure to spend some time researching different psychology careers in order to get a good idea of the the different opportunities that are out there.
- Visit your academic advisor or campus career center. Students sometimes overlook the many resources that are available through their own college or university. An academic advisor can help you asses your strengths and interests in order to determine which college major might be best.
In addition to offering a tremendous opportunity for personal growth, majoring in psychology opens up a huge range of career opportunities. If you are still wondering if psychology is the right choice for you, then be sure to check out some of these ten great reasons to earn a psychology degree.
- Before You Major In Psychology
- 10 Psychology Courses You Should Take
- Things to Consider Before You Sign Up for a Psychology Class
Image by Mary Gober