The Bottom Line
- Helps the reader understand and interpret different types of body language.
- Offers practical tips and suggestions for improving your own body language.
- Covers a wide range of nonverbal behaviors, from eye signals to arm positioning.
- Provides numerous visual examples of body language and nonverbal signals.
- Few in-text citations to identify research, studies, and sources.
- Information about the background and history of research on body language.
- Tips for how to become better at interpreting body language.
- Cultural similarities and differences in the use of body language.
- Common body signals that indicate lying or deceit.
- Techniques for making a great first impression.
- Practical advice and suggestions for improving your own body language.
Guide Review - The Definitive Book of Body Language
Early chapters offer background information on body language research and how to interpret nonverbal signals. Later chapters offer a wealth of information on topics such as mirroring, eye signals, and micro-expressions. Most importantly, The Definitive Book of Body Language provides useful practical applications for reading signals and using body language to communicate. Valuable tips for making first impressions and coping with the nonverbal behaviors of others make this book a valuable resource for anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of nonverbal communication.