From the article: 10 Great Reasons to Earn a Psychology Degree
What motivated you to study psychology? Whether its a passion for understanding human behavior or a desire to help people overcome problems, share some of your top reasons to earn a psychology degree. As you describe your experience, consider some of the following questions:
- When did you first become interested in psychology?
- What do you plan to do with your psychology degree?
- Were there other subjects that also interested you?
- Knowing what you know now, would you choose to earn a psychology degree if you had it to do all over again?
Why I Study Psychology
- Studying psychology improves my health and understanding of what health entails.
- —Guest confidence ngwenya
Living the dream!
- I decided to become a psychologist in grade 8 and stuck to it ever since. I have just graduated and got an office already! I majored in working with little children who have problems and I find it so interesting on what goes on in not only their lives, but their heads. I love helping people and I love my job!
- —Guest penelope
A good way to..
- Psychology is an amazing course to graduate and then realize it is completely worthless. Nobody gives a d*** and you will be starving to death. Unless you take another course.
- —Guest jayme pn
- Like everyone else, in my early years of college I wanted to "help people." But I discovered that it is not easy, even when we know exactly how to help. As my professor said: "In psychology maybe we do not have a cure for something, so sometimes we can just try do our best in order to "improve" the patient's life."
- —Guest Tâmaro C. Mendes - Brazil
A Love for Psychology
- I love helping out people with big problems which they can't solve for themselves. It's what I enjoy doing all the time to listen to one's problem and then find an appropriate solution for it.
- —Guest zizipho
- In this unfair life, wisdom, compassion, and understanding is very important.
- —Guest Samuel F.
Psychology is like a calling
- Most of the people that I'm close to are people with psychological or emotional problems. I felt responsible in helping them to overcome their problem. Psychology also helped me in modifying my personality. It helped me to see solutions rather than entertaining problems. God bless psychology!
- —Guest shirley monyela
It's my passion
- Studying psychology was like a dream come true for me. I always wanted something relating to my personality, contributing and helping others with my passion. It started when I was in grade 9.
- —Guest Zanele
- I received my BS in psychology and then found out that in most states the degree meant next to nothing. I wanted to be a clinician, a counselor....but my degree wouldn't get me a license. I needed a social work degree (masters) to do what I wanted. I am now a grad student in Idaho and looking forward to graduating with an MSW next spring and taking my state licensing exam so I can be a therapist.
- —Guest Denise
Doing great, feeling better, reading em.
- I had a very huge problem, then back thru childhood. So, I prayed and prayed although I just had it myself. I told myself, once I passed through this 'I will be okay'. definitely, it happened now. And after that I heard about Psychology and of course it's the only thing I was interested about so I took it. And my problems were discussed there. It was a great help. Feeling better, doing fine, plus being able to understand others as well.
- —Guest the world around thee
- I am in Australia studying law and psychology. I have done a couple of years of psychology alone but felt that applying what I have learned to society through the law system would be a practical application of my particular understanding of the world. It is exciting and hopefully will improve my chances of impressing potential employers. Do psychology, but remember PRAXIS!
- —Guest William
I love working with people
- At first I wanted to be a social worker, but when I was introduced to psychology I developed so much love for this course. I love seeing other people being happy especially when I contributed to their happiness. Solving other people's problems makes me feel even better which is why I am majoring in psychology.
- —Guest maletsatsi
To Be a Top Industrial Manager
- After reading my course book, I saw that there are many works that been done on managing the labour force. I see earning a psychology degree as a stair to be a top industrialist.
- —Guest vijendra sharma
It's my PASSION!!!!
- I have always wanted to major in psychology from the moment I was introduced to it. My passion is working with people to help then solve their problems and issues. I think my life took an interesting turn when I found out that it is Counseling that I prefer to do. Most problems that I help people with is in reference to couples. However, I would also like to help in various areas to allow myself that mental break from just dealing with that one problem everyday. Over all, I have learned that decisions about what one pursues career wise should be based upon what they can spend the rest of their lives enjoying and has nothing to do with profits.
- —Guest DesereeYoung Young
Why Earn a Psychology Degree
- I just love learning about psychology. It is the subject that I love the most. I came first in contact with this subject when i was preparing for the civil services as one of my optional subjects. Since then, I have been crazy about psychology!
- —Guest narendra wanjari
1-15 of 25Next