Why do you want to major in psychology? What is it about the study of the human mind and behavior that you find so appealing? Share your thoughts and experiences, describe what you plan to do after you graduate and provide any tips that other students might find helpful. Share Your Reasons
Why Do You Want to Major In Psychology?
- I am a very passionate person and becomes satisfied when am able to help solve peoples problems emotionally.
- —Guest mollie
I love working with people
- I am majoring in psychology because I love working with people and I enjoy seeing everyone around me happy. I also really love to be around children a lot.
- —Guest maletsatsi
A Desire to Help
- The reason I chose psychology is because I want to help people who are suffering from mental problems and distress. I also want to have a better understanding of what other people are thinking and feeling and why they choose to do the things that they do.
- —Guest farah
I just want to help
- I have been a stay at home dad for a year now. I have two kids now. I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. Anger is a big problem for me and my family. I'm not abusive except to myself. I didn't even think about psychology as a job until I did some research. I'm going back to school with a career path in mind. The brain is amazing. Well obviously, And no ones is the same. Everyone has problems and knowing everyone is different only tells me that if I can help people with situations and problems that maybe that will spark hope in thousands, well it's a start....
- —Guest Wayne Booth
- I am majoring in psychology because I want to know why people do stuff. What was their purpose for doing what they just did.
- —Guest keara street
- The problem of the developing world is that of Psychology. A study of this will enable me be a solution to the mental and psychological cases facing my land.
- —Guest Okah Alang Sampson
Fascination With Psychology
- I am fascinated with people. Human beings are amazing creatures! Psychology gives you a different way of thinking, which is a key ingredient to me in order to be successful in all ways possible! And it's character development for myself as well.
- —Guest steph
- I've gone through a lot of different choices for majoring in. Today God revealed to me that psychology would be a good fit. I love listening to people's problems and trying to help them find a solution. I've struggled with anxiety and I would like to help people overcome that, and I love children so maybe a counselor who works with children who have anxiety. I'm still praying about if this is where God wants me to be but it seems like psychology would be a good fit.
- —Guest Rae
It's Just Part of Me
- Psychology just feels like a core part of who I am. I want to be able to help people who are struggling emotionally.
- —Guest arnold
For my cousin
- My cousin has autism and I want to help him and people like himself. I think to treat autism, one needs to learn psychology because mental health should be treated with mental means.
- —Guest Daffy
Life Lessons and Caring for the Future
- I chose to major in psychology and human services because I have a history of substance abuse and marital abuse. I lived through both and after 26 months of my sobriety, I have decided I do not want to let what I went through be pointless. I am now in college to learn the behavior of the human brain and just what makes us do the things we do. I want everything I have been through to help others,
- —Guest donna charles
I'm interested in the untapped power.
- I'm extremely fascinated with the consciousness of the mind, what it is used for and how we can benefit from it once we learn more from it.
- —Guest Jack
- I am a problem solver. I always want to help others. I would like to understand human behavior better, to be able to reach out to those in need.
- —Guest Jackie Richardson
not my dream, but I admired it!!!
- I need a major in psychology.. I have face a lot in my life, many adversities. But I keep hoping it will be fine someday, I have seen myself as a winner never to give up on anything and through all this I have learned my stay..... That why I choose psychology as a career to help others who have been through a lot during their childhood never to give-up their chances of living well!!!
- —Guest tunde
not my dream, but I admired it!!!
- I need a major in psychology.. I hv face alot in my life, many adversities. But I keep hoping it will be fine someday, I hv seen myself as a winner never to give up on anything and through all this I hv learn my stay..... That why I choose psychology as a career to help others who hv been through alot during their childhood never to give-up their chances of living well!!!
- —Guest tunde